●STUDENTS WITH THE FOLLOWING HEALTH CONDITION(S) SHALL BE EXCLUDED FROM SCHOOL:
- Oral temperature of 100 degrees F or higher
- Elevated (or possibly a normal) temperature combined with any of the following: a severe cold with yellow-green nasal discharge, excessive coughing, swollen glands, or skin rash
- Eyes inflamed with purulent discharge
- Drainage from ear(s)
- Skin lesions (i.e. impetigo, ringworm and scabies) until under treatment
- Diarrhea (i.e. two or more loose stools)
- Fainting, seizure, or general signs of listlessness
- Questions about other communicable diseases such as fifth's disease, chickenpox, hand / foot / mouth syndrome, etc. should be directed to your child's school nurse.
Students will be re-admitted after being fever-free (without the use of fever-reducing medication) or symptom-free for 24 hours. Students with some conditions may return to school after being treated for 24 hours with an antibiotic. Call the school nurse for specific readmission guidelines.
For your information...Here are a couple of CDC (Center for Disease Control) links about the spread of and treatment for head lice.