Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! It is an exciting time to be a Tiger as there are several changes coming to USD 108 schools and for our students…. the most notable being how schools will look and how students and staff will act. The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown all of us for a loop and we are adjusting to our “new normal”. These changes are referenced in a separate document shared with parents and community. But suffice it to say that school will not look like we have been used to!
But even with all the changes that are coming to us, there are certain things that will not change. Those changes include:
- We are continuing our Tiger Theme of BE…TIGER STRONG! We are TIGERS! We can survive and thrive in anything!
- We will have JH and HS athletics and activities, as much as we are allowed.
- We will have recess and other breaks for students throughout the day.
- Water bottles will be provided and students will be able to fill them up at the refillable water bottle stations that have replaced all our water fountains.
- We will continue to provide all extra-curricular activities such as art, music, PE, and library classes. They might look a tad bit different, but they will be offered.
- We will continue to love, cherish, and educate your child(ren) just like we always have.
Rest assured, we have taken every precaution and have tried to think of every scenario in an effort to keep all who enter our doors safe and healthy.
As always, if you have any thoughts or concerns you wish to share, please feel free to stop by my office. I would love to visit with you.
Much love and appreciation,
USD 108 Superintendent of Schools